Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, January 08, 2003

    I would like to introduce a new phrase to the world. It's called "The Nap Of Death" (NOD). It is not a suicide ritual nor does it have anything to do with death. I call it that because I have been taking many of those and given my emotional state, it can't be very good for me. But I am sure you, my dear reader, have had many Naps Of Deaths yourself. It usually happens in the late afternoon. You sleep like a....well, like a sleepy person and you wake up at around six or seven in the evening. It may not be completely dark yet. You wake up flushed with loneliness and you are not sure where you are or whether it's the morning or night. It is at that moment you wish the phone would ring and your favourite person is calling to ask you out to dinner. The phone never rings. You get out of bed and you feel like you are a step closer to feeling the sadness Rose felt when Jack died after the Titanic sank. And that's why it's called the Nap Of Death.

    It is possibly the worst feeling in the world...right after the feeling you get when a person whom you thought is a good friend then one day turns around and betrays your trust knowing exactly how you feel about her and then having the nerve to tell you that she is seeing someone else at the same time and all you can do is wish that she would take a shower with a plugged-in toaster.

    I am sure we all think like that.

    No comments: