Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, February 02, 2003

    As expected, I did the expected of what’s expected during the Lunar new year: Visited the grandfather and the grandmother. The plus here is that I finally found out the Chinese characters to my name, courtesy of my grandfather.

    I’ve also come up with a standard response to the now ubiquitous “When are you getting married?” question.

    “Next week.”

    Other than that, it was your regular bore-fest with mandarin oranges.

    I was supposed to have visited my high school-college buddy in the evening for his new year party (read: illegal gambling, excessive booze, and preserved plums) but I did not. I ended up meeting up with Hotel Girl, a friend from Singapore. We had drinks at Harper’s, a quiet little bistro by the Melaka river. I may have discovered a new aroma which I shall call “Aquatic Vomit.”

    It was one of those conversations that refreshes my appreciation for the other friends I have. I re-realise just how much I enjoy conversation. And Hotel Girl is the poster-girl for the anti-conversationalist. You can only say “What’s new with you?” so many times before you want to slice your tongue into little bite-size tongettes to deep-fry.

    Anyway, just as we were about to leave, the sister of College Buddy walks in. Talk about your “Three’s Company” moment. That’s when I realised that I’ve lost my ability to bullshit and I couldn’t come up with an excuse why I wasn’t at College Buddy’s party. It didn’t help that she saw me with Hotel Girl since they don’t get along. (Long story.)

    Ex-girlfriend is visiting tomorrow. That should be interesting.

    No comments: