Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, April 25, 2003

    You know...Milo is possibly the only drink I don't know what it's supposed to taste like. I've been drinking it all my life and I know how I like it. Super-chunky! But it's not like most hot beverages like coffee or tea when there is a general consensus as to what is considered "good coffee" or "bad coffee". On the other hand, I don't think there's actually the "right" way to make Milo. Not to my knowledge.

    I notice that most Malaysians (or wherever Milo is sold and consumed) like their Milo really strong. I am talking about 80% Milo and 20% water. Which begs me to ask, why don't we just eat chocolate instead?

    And check this out. I have a friend who fills 75% of her cup with Milo. Adds hot milk to dilute the Milo. Then adds ice to cool the drink down. And then adds more Milo which won't dissolve since the drink is cold. So, you're drinking this milky chocolate thing with chunks of Milo floating about. You'd be crapping chocolate by the end of the day.

    One more thing. Have you ever noticed that we almost always have to force ourselves to finish the last half of the mug of Milo? Someone always has to say "Finish your drink!" I think it is because we always put enough Milo in the mix to feed a horse, and by the time we get half way through, we are full. Then we'd just leave it there and it gets cold. Then we throw it out because there's that gross layer of Milo-film.

    Tune in next week when we discuss why we like the butter to melt on our toast but not on soft white bread.

    No comments: