Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, November 27, 2003

    I am heading down south on the North-South highway and I see this huge billboard advertising the new "Kuala Lumpur Infrastructure University College" or the KLUIC.
    This is one of those things that show me how incredibly stupid some people are. This is right up there with the "Dataran Trauma" they had at the new block of the University Hospital.
    Let's break it down: Kuala Lumpur Infrastructure University College.
    What the hell is that?
    It's either a university OR a college. But what the hell is a "university college"?
    Correct me if I am wrong.
    A "college" is usually smaller (compared to a university) that offers two-or-three-year diploma courses. They are usually focused in their field of study. However, a college may also be part of a university; as in the "College of Fine Arts" or a Business School within a university.
    A university usually offers degrees and you spend more time and money there.
    So then, what is a "university college"?
    I think it's one of those dumb Malaysian situations where ignorant dumbasses who have no idea of what they are doing are put in positions of power. And how we have this need to overstate what we have or what we are.
    I am not making this up! Their website.
    And then there's those airport limos which are really cars! And "bas kilang" which are actually vans. And my personal favourite display of stupidity: VVIP - Very Very Important Person.
    What I want to know is, when do you cross that line from "Very Important" to "Very Very Important"?
    It's probably that same line that separates "models" from "supermodels".

    No comments: