Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, November 28, 2003

    It is still happening. I get a call from a friend wishing me a happy belated birthday.

    Other Person: Happy belated birthday.
    Me: Thanks.
    Other Person: I'm sorry I missed your birthday.

    This has happened enough times for me to know what the next statement is.

    Other Person: Why didn't you tell me?

    Why is it that whenever we forget someone's birthday, we say "Why didn't you tell me?"

    As if people go around telling it's their birthday. Well, I guess some people do that. But most people don't. And if they did, we'd think he is shameless.

    So, instead of saying "Why didn't you tell me?", just fess up when you forget someone's birthday.

    Just say, "Yes, I forgot your birthday because you are insignificant to me and not worthy of my time, money, or attention."

    If that's not true, then say something like "Yes, I forgot your birthday because I am a fucking dolt. I will make it up to you by buying expensive gifts."

    Plain and simple.

    1 comment:

    syik s. said...

    this is sooooo true!!!