Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, April 28, 2004

    The Relenting Force Of Nature

    I had dinner at this Chinese restaurant this evening with some very interesting people. So interesting that one of the them will be carrying the Olympic torch in Athens in July. Apparently, Samsung is paying US$10,000 for him to run 300 metres with a fiery torch. Made me feel like an underachiever.

    Back to the interesting dinner. I saw a sea cucumber today. That was interesting. The restaurant manager, for whatever reason, brought out this FUCKING HUGE raw sea cucumber. Perhaps he thought it would be of interest to some of us at the table who were not local. Instead, it backfired and grossed the Type 1s out.

    Let me talk more about the sea cucumber.

    This is what a sea cucumber looks like.

    So, in my uneducated, unrefined, and uncultured mind, I am asking myself, what in the name of Mary, the Holy Mother of God, would posses a person to want to eat it. (Of course, number one, this person must be Chinese.)

    First of all, the sea cucumber is an animal. It's not a vegetable as I had originally thought. Secondly, when it's dead and skinned, it looks like a FUCKING HUGE intestine right after a major bowel movement. And thirdly, it smells like a FUCKING HUGE intestine right after a major bowel movement.

    And why the heck not!

    According to the Darwin Foundation, the sea cucumbers constantly churn up sediments, and allowing the oxygenation of other species. They feed upon small algae particles, sand, and waste materials. In this way, they become recyclers of the nutrients, contributing to the rich marine environment.

    And then Chinese people pay tons of money to eat it.

    You can tell from my expletives that I am just fucking shaken by the whole fucking experience!

    Anyway, I just had to write about this. I just don't understand how these things come about. I will probably figure out the meaning of life before I crack this nut.

    No comments: