Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, September 23, 2005

    Here is a completely useless observation that serves no purpose other than to show that I have observations that serve no purpose.

    How many people know the composer of the song, let alone want to browse by composer instead of the usual browsing by artist, album, or genre. It finally dawned on me as to why browsing by composer is available on the iPod. It’s for classical music. It would make more sense to browse for classical music by composer instead of by performer.

    Now here’s something you don’t hear me say everyday: I went shopping with Nik yesterday to help her pick out clothes for her performance.

    It has finally hit me that women actually enjoy shopping.

    Yes, men say that all the time but I now have a heighten appreciation of that concept. When a man says “let’s go shopping”, it means “Let’s go buy things I need in the shortest time possible.” When a woman says “let’s go shopping”, it means “I need to buy something so let’s go look at things and try on as many things on as possible. Oh…and it’s OK if we don’t buy anything.”

    Me: Hey. Let’s go shopping with Nik.

    Gen: Sure. But I have to leave at 9 pm.

    Me: Ah….no problem. It’s 3 pm now. We should be done by 6 pm.

    Gen: You sure or not.

    Me: Don’t worry. Sure can one.

    Thus endth my possible career as a personal shopper.

    So I kinda figured out women take so long to shop, especially for clothes. Two things. 1. There are just way too many options for women’s clothing; and 2. Women actually care what they look like wearing what they wear. Then there’s a silent 3. Women actually enjoy the process of shopping i.e. trying on clothes and shoes.

    Trying on clothes.

    Ladies, I want to break it down for you. Hundreds, if not thousands of women think like you.

    “Let’s try this on!”

    By the time you buy that skirt, or that blouse, those pants, or that pair of shoes, possible tens, if not hundreds of women have tried on that same pair. Take a moment to digest that. Heaven forbid if you get someone who does not wear any underwear or is lactating. Heaven forbid that this woman had a pubic itch and decided to scratch through that skirt. Heaven forbid if she picked her nose and decided to wipe off that snot on the shirt you are trying on. Call me gross but you are the one indirectly rubbing skin with tens of total strangers.

    Speaking of shopping. I finally bought a hands-free kit for my phone. I moved one step closer to Taiwan since I got one of those Bluetooth headsets that make me look like I should either be working at the McDonald’s drive-thru or should be hanging out at Sungai Wang Plaza with my new friends, Benggy and Lam Pah.

    Think about that pubic itch ladies. Gross.

    1 comment:

    Ren von Deitk said...

    "How many people know the composer of the song, let alone want to browse by composer instead of the usual browsing by artist, album, or genre. It finally dawned on me as to why browsing by composer is available on the iPod. It’s for classical music. It would make more sense to browse for classical music by composer instead of by performer."

    DUH!