Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, November 04, 2005

    Some people have ruined it for the rest of us. There are some excuses that can't be used anymore even though it is the honest-to-God real reason.

    Now, when a person says...

    "I left my handphone at home. So I had to go home to get it, which is why I am late and also why I could not answer your call when you called 23 times and left messages asking where I was."

    he really means...

    "I am late and I am making up this excuse because I was standing right next to my phone when you called but I did not want to pick it up because I was still at home in my pajamas."

    Then there's the "I-am-in-a-meeting" line which really means "I don't want to talk to you now because I do not have a good excuse to respond to whatever I was suppose to respond to three hours ago."

    Finally, we have the lamest reason for not calling someone.

    "I don't have your number because I got a new phone and your number is on my old phone."

    Which is really another way of saying "You're not important enough for me to keep your name and number in my phone."

    These are tough times.

    No comments: