Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, December 23, 2005

    It's that time of the year again where we start conversations with "Gosh...can you believe it's December already? The year is almost over. Where did the year go?"

    Yes it is December already. You should have seen it coming in November. And you saw November coming in October.

    Then comes the other set of questions: "What are you doing for Christmas" followed by "Doing anything for New Year's eve?"

    To which I will get on my soapbox.

    Marina: What are you doing for Christmas?
    Me: Nothing. I am not Christian.
    Marina: Well, you don't have to be Christian to celebrate Christmas.
    Me: Yes you do. Celebrating Christmas is celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ. If you do not believe in Jesus, Christmas wouldn't make sense. You'd be just celebrating a regular day.
    Marina: But you don't have to be Christian to enjoy the festivities.
    Me: No you don't, which means you are not really celebrating Christmas. You are celebrating the holidays.
    Marina: Oh whatever. I just love Christmas. I love the mood, the decorations, the songs. And I love setting up the Christmas tree.
    Me: I see. You love the Hollywood Christmas. I am pretty sure you are trying to make it snow in your living room too, aren't you? What's your religion?
    Marina: I'm Buddhist.

    Fvcking idiot.

    1 comment:

    dJ phuturecybersonique said...

    how about celebrating kwanzaa instead?