Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, July 12, 2006

    This might seem like an ironic topic of conversation given my unique first name. I should talk. But let me indemnify myself by stating that my mother gave me this name. It is in my birth certificate. Besides, I have at least half a brain. I wouldn’t do this to myself if given a choice.

    There’s a Singaporean director who calls himself Oxide Pang. I am assuming Oxide was the name he gave himself instead of his mother giving it to him. Otherwise, Mrs. Pang is just cruel and explains a lot why his son does horror movies. But I am quite sure little Pang, besides not knowing what “oxide” means, wanted a name that stood out and wanted an X in his name.

    Then there’s this one that falls under the “it-has-to-be-true-because-it’s-so-ridiculous-that-no-one-could-make-this-up” category. Her name is Choosy, who introduces herself with “Hi. My name is Choosy but I am not choosy.”

    Then there’s Bamboo Chee.

    A few years ago, I worked with a Vergina. She said it was a loose combination of two of her favourite names: “Virginia” and “Gina”. I was going to suggest to her the combination of two words what befit her personality: “Fuckingmoron”.

    Also, there’s a Pansy.

    And a Handsome Lee.

    This is clearly a point that should be included in the checklist for identifying Type 2s and Type 3s.

    3 comments:

    XMOCHA! said...

    someone told me of a girl name "Table Ho" some years back.

    And Kennysia.com has mentioned the latest Miss Sarawak named Fondalyn.

    Cheers..

    XMOCHA! said...

    Oh lupa to tell you about my friend Wind Koh, who just opened a fabulous toy shop in One U Old Wing.

    frenzy said...

    .. i know of a guy who's name is Auto Yap :)