Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, October 11, 2006

    I have issues.

    Updating this blog isn't easy because I don't really have all that much to say that I think would be of interest to most people out there. And I spend 85% of my waking moments working. Truth to the matter is, I've never been comfortable with what I do for a living, which is writing and producing music. And I don't really like to talk about it. It might have something to do with the fact that I am Chinese and by default, I should have a more respectable job. I should be an accountant or engineer. Not a musician. (Which I am not, by the way. I don't read music or play an instrument well.)

    So when people ask me what I do, I usually flat out lie and say I work at IKEA. I am the guy who names the furniture. Or I am a dentist. Which usually makes people suddenly aware of their teeth and thus wanting to keep their mouth closed. Works for me.

    Again, I have issues.

    Although in all honesty, part of the reason is me not wanting to explain my job and then have this most annoying question asked: "If I give you this song on a CD, can you remove the vocals?"

    Anyway, I am going to deal with my issues. I am going to talk about my work.

    I just finalised tracks for Kaer. It has been one long project. Since April. And it is almost over. It started with two songs and then it became six new tracks and two remixes. The final tracks are going to Nick Lee for mastering on Thursday. It has been an interesting project because Kaer is willing to try something different. None of those suicide ballads. Bless the man for allowing me to go hog wild. We have Malay dance music folks!

    3 comments:

    Mr. Manager said...

    "I am the guy who names the furniture."

    Hahahahahahaha!

    You are so funny, Audi! Really!!!

    Azlan said...

    hey i wrote 2 suicide ballads in his album.. i resent that :P

    xmocha said...

    Hey, why so long no update?