Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, December 03, 2006

    Forgive me…it has been 43 days since my last blog entry.

    A lot has happened. Obviously.

    The most life-changing of the lot is that I had LASIK surgery. Yes, I allowed another human being to touch and do things to my eyes. Hell almost broke loose. But I highly recommend it and it will be the best thing you can do for yourself.

    And sometime in early November, I went to Bali with the lovely people at Fuse. Last year was Bangkok. This year, Bali. Do these guys know how to party or what?

    Bali was excellent. The hotels we were at were excellent. So excellent that I almost didn’t want to leave the hotel to see the what was beyond the hotel. I have never been so close to nature before. (And I am not talking about feeling the need to pee in the woods.) George taught me how to swim. Kinda. I may be able to delay death by drowning by 30-40 seconds. I had bacon. The one thing everyone told me to try while in Bali was “Babi Guling.” I did. It’s gross. Then I had ice-cream. On the way to the airport, I left a little piece of me behind in Bali. To be specific, it was a bag of vomit which I was advised by the cab driver to just leave at the sidewalk.

    That’s six days in Bali.

    Back in KL, I finally did it. I’ve moved out. I no longer work at home. I am now renting studio space at Fuse which means I am no longer allowed to work without clothes on. It has been almost four weeks since moved all my equipment there with the intention of separating my work life and personal life starting a personal life. And after four weeks, I am not pleased to say that not a single bit has changed. I am practically living in the studio now. Still working like a dog. The only difference now is I don’t get to shower as often in a day and instead of scratching myself in the privacy of my own home, I now do it in the presence of a disapproving lot.

    Work has been fairly exciting. (It is almost wrong to call what I do “work”!) I am looking forward to next year. Lots of new songs coming out and I think it will make the local Malay music scene a little bit more interesting. I got Farah Asyikin (“Malaysian Idol 2” and “One In A Million”) coming out. Hopefully, Liza Hanim’s stuff is coming out. Kaer is coming out. Errr…OK. I am working on some new and interesting stuff for Faizal from “One In A Million”. I just recorded Dayang Nurfaizah last night. She was great. I think the stuff we are working on is going to make you want to listen to local Malay-language music again. I really enjoy working with singers like Dayang, Ning, Jaclyn Victor, and Vince who can do things with their voices on demand. And I don’t have to call up Auto-Tune™ too much. So, please go buy CDs that I’ve worked on. If you don’t want to, you can always download it. It’s illegal and wrong but go ahead and do it anyway.

    I still miss my grandmother.

    And I recently celebrated my 35th birthday, which by the way, I hear is the new age of youth. And 60 is the new 40. It was fairly quiet but it was one of the best birthdays I’ve had all year! Because you go “OH NO! I missed your birthday!” and start leaving me belated birthday greetings in the comments box, just know that I am still open for gifts and free meals.

    2 comments:

    Mr. Manager said...

    FINALLY. I thought you had given up blogging.

    Love that bit about Kaer and his coming out! You are so bad.

    I am going to do a promo of your blog on my blog. I want more Malay readers to read you. Because you have something to say.

    Hsian said...

    Happy Belated Birthday! I will belanja you a sinful pork dinner once of these days! :)