Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, December 06, 2006

    Something interesting just happened in my world.

    I actually composed a document in a word processor online using Google Docs & Spreadsheet. (You can tell when technical people come up with product names!) Yes, Google Docs & Spreadsheet (formerly Writely) is a very useful Word and Excel-compatible wordprocessor and spreadsheet application which you can get to via your Gmail account or at docs.google.com

    This way, I can write my documents and have them accesible online. Of course, I am completely screwed should Google goes out of business, or if their server crashes, or I eat too much sugar and I forget my password.

    Still, the prospects of doing everything online in a Web browser is just too exciting for me. It is really that great!

    The Office guys at Microsoft must be pissing in their pants right now.

    2 comments:

    cliff said...

    If you want to have an even more complete spreadsheet on web, I invite you EditGrid as well. I am sure you will it will give more surprise than Google's one. Check it out ~

    Batdude said...

    i almost creamed my pants with "editgrid"! only if there were an "editword" to go with it.