Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, January 04, 2007

    I had lunch at House + Co., located on the third floor at Bangsar Shopping Centre. This is actually a furniture store but they have a little cafe at the back. They serve the best curry laksa. And the kuay teow soup and nasi lemak are excellent as well. It is not a casual statement when I say the curry laksa is the best in the world. It's a fact.

    Over lunch, my lunch buddy tells me about her friend who was to be married. Her fiance's parents visited those creepy Chinese medium guys at the temple. They got into a trance and told her that her fiance was meant to be alone in life and that if she married him, she would die. Yes, she will DIE. So what does she do? She did what any superstitious-feng-shui-believing-cockle-loving Chinese would do. She called off the wedding.

    I feel for the guy. What can he do? It's about the most cruel thing that could happen...right up there with involuntary castration by a strong overzealous crotch-grabbing child. Even if he married her, they'd have this cloud hanging over them for the rest of their lives. And perhaps to the point where it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy and she actually dies. This is exactly the sort of thing that could ruin his day.

    Anyway, check out House + Co. As tables and seatings are limited, please check with me to make sure that I do not plan to eat there as well. I don't need the challenge.

    1 comment:

    badrul said...

    god!!! you still have time to go for lunch?!!??