Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, January 25, 2007

    There is a very disturbing trend in the music industry.

    Me: Hey! Where are the remixes and that song we recorded?
    Singer: Oh. It's not going to be in this album. I am saving it for the repackage album.
    Me: Why?
    Singer: Dunno. Everybody is doing it.

    Yes. It's is the curse of the repackage album.

    So in Malaysia, the singer comes out with the pre-repackage album. The album doesn't sell well and somehow they think repackaging the album will do better sales. But wait, it might. They will add a new song. Which makes me wonder. Why wasn't that song in the album in the first place.

    The moral of the story to the consumer is to wait for the repackage album. Don't buy the first version. The cover sucks anyway. Wait a few months and get the repack with bonus tracks and all.

    As if it isn't difficult enough, music labels and singers are making even more difficult for themselves to sell music by imposing an entrance fee: The first crappy CD.

    But in other news, I got a bit of a thrill today when I heard one of my tracks reproduced in English: Drama. I recorded Ning's vocals here in KL (with stories which will require a new blog) and the vocals were shipped to London for the music by Jesus From Ibiza. I am very happy with it, although I was expecting them to totally pimp out the song to the point that I wouldn't recognise it anymore. You can check it out on my MySpace page.

    Malaysia Boleh!

    1 comment:

    Dreamgal said...

    Yo.... Ping Ping..
    Do u really mean to tell me u like it??? Bad job at mixing the vocals to the new version dontcha think??
    so much for Jesus from Ibiza.. :-((

    Dreamgal