Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, May 14, 2007

    I attended the wedding of someone I consider a very good and close friend today; Farah Asyikin. It was a grand wedding at Dewan Perdana Felda. So grand that Datuk K and Siti Nurhaliza and the Pahang Menteri Besar were there too. Then there were people from other countries. So I walk up to her table to make sure that she sees me and knows that I made it to her wedding dinner. (She was upset that I almost couldn't make it. But that's another story.)

    Sure she is happy to see me. I wasn't sure if our usual hugging was allowed. Anyway, Farah introduces me to this handsome woman sitting next to her. Couldn't hear a word she said due to the grandness going on. On with the introduction, I think this is Farah's mom. I extend my hand for a handshake and do the obligatory "Hi Aunty."

    Let me type that out again: "Hi Aunty."

    Yes. That's what I said. Then my eyes notices the guy sitting across this "aunty".

    Allow me to recap my ran through my mind in 2.3 seconds.

    "Gosh, that guy looks familiar. Is that Sudirman? No wait, he looks an awful lot like our Deputy Prime Minister, Najib Tun Razak. Wait a minute. He is! And this woman must then be his wife."

    I am still shaking her hand and now there's a weird look on her face.

    So here is something I don't do everyday. I called the wife of the Deputy Prime Minister, "AUNTY!"

    HELL YEAH!

    Then I walk back to my table with my tail between my legs and I starting beating Jaclyn Victor up for not telling me.

    "HI AUNTY!"

    I still can't get over it. I hope "Uncle" is doing well.

    2 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    yah, aunty apparently was on the cover of some mag recently. photoshopped :-)

    ryeli said...

    haha, this is hilarious. so you audi! i'm sure "uncle" and "aunty" will remember u for life. -syn nee-