Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, April 08, 2008

    Let me tell you what a fun day I've had today.

    I have finally taken the plunge with Windows Vista for my production computer. It pains me a great deal to say it because I have become a Mac fanboy. I am consoling myself by constantly reminding myself that this is a transition because I have invested so much in Windows-only software. And in two years or less, I will migrate to Mac and I am now carefully using software that has Mac versions. (But I have to remind myself quietly because I do not want to offend the Windows PC or else it will hang on me.)

    Anyway, I've spent the last eight hours transferring my files over to the new PC over a network. By far, this is the second most excruciatingly boring thing to do with a computer. (The first being moving large files from one computer to another using a 1GB thumbdrive.) I had to move over 350GB of data!

    And then let me tell you about Windows Vista and what a piece of work this thing is.

    Two words: NOTHING WORKS!

    OK. I am being overly dramatic. It's just too easy to hate Windows and "NOTHING WORKS" has a nice ring to it.

    It was close to "NOTHING WORKS". Setting up the network in itself was a minor production.

    And after this, I will pray to dear God and seek divine assistance in removing hardware from the old PC and reinstalling them to the new one.

    No comments: