Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, April 04, 2008

    Someone I know sent me this link a few days ago. I usually ignore links to YouTube with messages that say that I have to watch the videos. After all, how many times can you see a man get kicked in the crotch?

    For some reason, I clicked on the link and watched the video. I suggest you watch it, take a moment and then come back and continue reading. Take your time. I can wait.



    I watched this video about two days ago. And it has bothered me. Enough to not let it go until I blog about it.

    Mr. Anjum Chaudri clearly has his own interpretation of Islam. Differs greatly from mine. As far as I am concerned, this guy is just misguided. But I don't blame him and I don't really have beef with him. He can go bomb a children's hospital and call it population control. I couldn't stop him even if I wanted to.

    I do have beef with the BBC and the guy who sent me the link though. Because I think that's where the problem is.

    There are Anjum Chaudris in every country, in every race, and in every religion. Some call them "extremists." Some call them "holy warriors." I call him "dude who needs more colour in his wardrobe." That Osama-bin-Laden-ZZ Top-earth-tone look is so last season.

    And the last thing you should do with these people is to not give them a platform to air their views without have a counter opinion from someone of the same background. Otherwise what purpose does it serve other than to show some redneck that this guy represents Islam and all "Islams must die because they are violent terrorists?" Or to encourage other misguided Muslims that this is the way of Islam?

    Talking to this guy and hoping to get a real view of Islam is like talking to Paris Hilton hoping to get a down-to-earth view of Americana. Or talking to Michael Jackson and asking him what a normal childhood is like. Or speaking to our Prime Minister and hoping to get tips on leadership.

    On top of that, the host was clearly egging him on. I see no other reason for this action except for the host to show that this is the state of Islam. (Maybe I am seeing this out of context. Perhaps this three-minute interview was the blooper reel of a six-hour "Islam is Peace" musical-docu-drama-comedy.)

    No wonder the radical Muslims hate the Western world. As if George W. Bush isn't doing enough already.

    Then there's the person who sent me the link. His intent was probably the same as the host. (It's now ironic that I am also indirectly promoting video. But I have all these words though...)

    So before you forward another link or video clip showing how stupid or unbelievable a particular race or religion is, ask yourself,

    "WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING THIS? WHAT PURPOSE DOES IT SERVE?"

    Now I don't want to come off sounding like this Islam-kiss-ass or come off trying to be politically-correct. It just makes common sense to me. So don't be a jerk.

    Go call your mother now. She misses you.

    (If this blog isn't updated in three days, it probably means I am in jail for that wisecrack on the Prime Minister.)

    2 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    My God..You are funny!! Agree with you 300%. If you get in jail, I'm sure you have enough money to bail yourself out.

    Good post, dude!

    lyana said...

    hear ye hear ye! I always have trouble explaining that Islam's not what is portrayed in the media. Plus, I don't wear the hijab, so I have to answer more questions. hehe.