Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, August 20, 2008

    I am excited about music again!

    I've been quite quiet these past months. Haven't released any music but I did upgrade to a quad-core Intel PC and now working on upgrade the other two computers at the studio to quad-cores and dual 24-inch LCDs as well. Just the thought of it causes a stir in my loins.

    Anyway, I am slowly getting back into my groove. I think I am going to end up doing maybe only three albums this year. That's not a lot compared to the previous years. I just really want to focus a few projects and do my best instead of writing the same song over and over again. I am really looking to do something new this year and I have given myself a challenge with every project.

    I'm working on Nikki's album and we are almost done. I am very excited about this song I produced written by Pam Yuen and it's going to be blow a lot of people away as to what a modern ballad should sound like. I've gone crazy stupid with this album. There is so much colour in this album and you've never heard Malay pop like this before. Kieran Kuek is working on a couple of songs as well. So the direction for the album is going to be tight.

    The challenge for Nikki's album is that I cannot use the crash cymbal in the entire album.

    I am also working slowly but picking up steam, on Maya Karin's album as well. Her's is an interesting one because when it comes to her singing, she is the undergod. But let me go on record here saying that she is one of the best singers I've worked with. Flawless pitching. Her challenge is her unique tone. It's a double-edged sword. And my challenge is finding the right material and direction for her. When we get it right, you will hear a new Maya and I am looking forward to that.

    The challenge for Maya's album is writing the kind of songs that I've never written before. So help me God.

    And finally, album-wise, I am very excited to be working on Farah Asyikin's album. I just finalised the mix to the first song and Farah sounds great. I got this new hybrid synthesiser with knobs and things I can grab, twist and turn. I am going to be using the heck out of this for Farah's album. I am making the effort to design and program new sounds for this production instead of using standard stock sounds. I will use real thing when I need instrument sounds but everything else will be synthesised. This is going to be so much fun for me.

    The challenge here is to use the synthesiser as the main instrument.

    And for something on the side, I am working on a dangdut track for this well-known dangdut singer who is perhaps crazy to risk her career on getting me to write and produce a dangdut track for her. But this is my chance! Whenever there is an opportunity for me to make a complete fool of myself, I am there!

    1 comment:

    F said...

    cant wait!

    neway,her last album was awesome!