Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, November 21, 2008

    I recorded Siti Nurhali......pardon me. Where are my manners? I recorded DATUK Siti Nurhaliza last week. Excuse me. But I still can't address her as Datuk yet. I still call her Siti and don't even bother asking if I am ever going to be able to address her as Mak Itie.

    Back to my story. It is the theme song for the second season of Spa-Q. I did the theme song for the first season and the show's producer, Redza liked what I did enough to call me back for another round. I am very grateful for the opportunity because I do not think I'd get the chance if it were based on song selection. (My type of music is deemed to "loud" for her market, you see.)

    This time around, I have gone the other way and wrote a ballad. Not your typical Audi Mok ballad, mind you. I had to summon my dormant inner-kampungself and studied the great ballads of Adnan Abu Hassan, Ajai, Azlan Abu Hassan, David Foster and Diane Warren. And I have come up with the perfect ballad for the masses. Got bells and guitar solo and timpani. This ballad will make "Mahakarya Cinta" sound like "Chopsticks". It's a dream come true.

    Like at our first session, Siti was a total pro. Always nice and pleasant. She seemed a lot more comfortable with me this time. It was a great two hour session.

    I have to complete the song next week and I can't wait to let her fans hear it. It's my statement as a songwriter saying "Yes! I get it. You win. Ballads sell." And my research has shown that sales increase 35% when there's an electric guitar solo.

    I have almost arrived.

    6 comments:

    farah said...

    Can't wait to hear your version of the perfect ballad with a modern sound :)

    Azlan Abu Hassan said...

    glad to hear you realize that ballads sell :P

    kh said...

    I know this is in irony and all, but it sounds absolutely frightening. Welcome to the world of Malaysian music.

    Eng said...

    I think it doesn't sound right for artistes to use their honoury titles when it comes to the their art. you don't see Elton John or Paul McCartney putting the word "Sir" on their album covers or the caption that comes with their music videos. It's not disrecpect to their titles but stage name should be stage name.

    mista.grax said...

    make siti's fans proud of u...can wait 2 hear dat song...

    ;)

    Khai Karim said...

    omg.. i tak sabar dah nak denghar


    her 4th Version of KU MAHU!!