Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, December 28, 2008

    Me: Check out this new song I am working on.
    June: Doesn't sound like a Malay song.
    Me: What do you mean?
    June: It doesn't sound like a Malay song. It sounds modern.
    Me: What? A Malay song cannot sound modern?
    June: Well, I guess it can. But usually if you hear something like this in Malay, it's more Indonesian.

    How distressing is that? Malay music is now synonymous with old-sounding. And if it is modern, then it's Indonesian.

    I really got my work cut out for me.

    4 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    haahah just like adnan abu hassan. his arrangements r still so last century

    Mr. Manager said...

    It's not work, Audi. It's passion. That's why you love it.

    Johan said...

    Hey.. the song is nice.. yeah, bit like Indonesian , so what?

    Sally said...

    Its all in your head.