Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, March 22, 2009

    Dear RTM

    On a slow Sunday, I watched a rerun of your "Hiburan Minggu Ini" featuring Sarah Raisuddin. This is her show. She sings Malay-language songs. I appreciate that concept.

    Now, while I do not speak for all Malaysian Chinese but I believe many would agree with me, I want to let you know that it's OK if you did not have Priscilla Chan come out of the blue in the middle of the show to sing an old Chinese song. (The Indian guy singing an old Indian song before Priscilla didn't work either but I will leave it to someone else to comment on that.)

    In any case, its OK if we didn't have the Indian and Chinese song. We will not think that it's not muhibbah. We will not think RTM is racist or not being considerate to the needs of your Chinese viewers. Really. We understand the concept of format and consistency.

    But thanks for the thought anyway. Just don't do it again.

    1 comment:

    Cleo the Cat said...

    Hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!