Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, June 26, 2009

    I've ripped of Michael Jackson's music so many times for my music.

    1. "Dikau"- for Ning Baizura's "Awan Yang Terpilu" album in 1996. The chords for the song was based on "Rock With You".

    2. "Mama Said" - for Kaer's English track in his "Menjelma" album in 1997 which is an interpolation of "Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'."

    3. "Pasti Berbeza" for Sarah Raisuddin for the "One In A Million" finale song in 1998 which is based on "Don't Stop Till You Get Enough".

    4. I also used the opening melody for "Don't Stop Till You Get Enough" for Hazami's opening line in "Bukan Igauan" in 1998.

    5. And again "Don't Stop Till You Get Enough" left its vibe in Reefa's "Weekender" in 2003.

    My only living influence now is Prince and we will reveal how many times "Purple Rain" has made its way into my music.

    Also, like Michael Jackson, I used to be black and he made it OK for me to also say "Hey! I can grab my crotch in public if I want!"

    3 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    1st things 1st. Congrats on ur wedding to the lovely Ms. Pallikat.

    Talking abt Prince, I remember Faizal Tahir's malay song (can't remember the name)with guitar riffs similar to His Royal Purpleness' 'Purple Rain'. It set me back awhile but finally the song went down well with my soul. Uplifting.

    RosmanPositivo said...

    audi!

    the 1990s n 2000s is 10 years difference meh. 1997 even kaer was in primary school taking upsr haha :p

    *i'm still singing "mama-se, mama-sa, ma-ma-coo-sa" huhu

    theNabil said...

    I wanna do something like Off The Wall!!