I've ripped of Michael Jackson's music so many times for my music.
1. "Dikau"- for Ning Baizura's "Awan Yang Terpilu" album in 1996. The chords for the song was based on "Rock With You".
2. "Mama Said" - for Kaer's English track in his "Menjelma" album in 1997 which is an interpolation of "Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'."
3. "Pasti Berbeza" for Sarah Raisuddin for the "One In A Million" finale song in 1998 which is based on "Don't Stop Till You Get Enough".
4. I also used the opening melody for "Don't Stop Till You Get Enough" for Hazami's opening line in "Bukan Igauan" in 1998.
5. And again "Don't Stop Till You Get Enough" left its vibe in Reefa's "Weekender" in 2003.
My only living influence now is Prince and we will reveal how many times "Purple Rain" has made its way into my music.
Also, like Michael Jackson, I used to be black and he made it OK for me to also say "Hey! I can grab my crotch in public if I want!"